Hey Take the Cake, Watch This

yes, the event formerly named Film This has changed its name to Watch This. I was all invested in and liked Film This but it ain't my franchise, so there you go.
Another exciting development, select Fridays will have their screenings at Take the Cake Cafe. How fun, it will put the brakes on drinking but, HELLO!, cupcakes. come on, where do we sign up?
The innaugural event at Take the Cake featured Fargo which earned seven Academy Award nominations, winning two for Best Original Screenplay for the Coens and Best Actress in a Leading Role for McDormand.
Based on a true story I thought about how the movie would seem a comedy of errors for everyone involved, but what I took from it is there's no such thing as bad luck, just a long series of really, really bad decisions.
Watch This
Alex and I trying to be all Showalter and Grimsrud but really only pulling off Lundegaard
Watch This
The Al & Al show.
Watch This
Watch This
Watch This[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio
10 comments

10 comments:

  1. Fargo, one of my favorite along with Dr. Stranglove, or how I learned to love the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're showing that one Friday, September 24 at Take the Cake also.
    Get down here to Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take the Cake is like the hub of everything awesome in Cincinnati. Do those guys ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's been a Friday night movie & dinner group meeting monthly at Off the Avenue Studios in Northside. When I saw this post I thought it was that group moving over to ThC. Who woulda thought that this moving picture watching thing would ever be popular?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I was still sick for Fargo, can't wait to take in a flick at TtC. As for beer, Northside Tavern is a block and a half away....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya George, we had to jet backdowntown for another party. There events in one night.
    But, next movie night we've hitting the Northside Tavern for sure.
    March 26th, we'll watch Rocky then punch out some beers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks for the post, 5chwr4r7zy. I'm sorry you don't like Watch This. I think it just makes a more amusing, pop-cultry (and less pretentious), kind of name. Also, we weren't really filming anything, so there's that.

    Plus, it's just going to look so much better on a book jacket when we get our book deal (ps. does anyone want to give us a book deal?)

    But I'm so glad you guys came and I hope to see you at all the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex, I'm sorry, didn't mean to imply I didn't like the new name, I just thought Film This was catchy.
    I think everything you guys do is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dad, I didn't know you liked Dr. Strangelove. You learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you and the Don't Call me Mrs. could make it to the screening! I am in full support of moving our Rocky party to NSide Tavern after the screening.

    And Courtney, I don't think that they ever sleep at TtC, they just live to provide Cincinnati with baked goods / good food / and exciting things today. That's my theory, anyway.

    ReplyDelete