I have never tasted coffee before today

Yes its true, first some house keeping. All the sudden with Sheppard Fairey in town everyone is all hung up on originality.
Screw that, I don't have an original bone in my body, but I am authentic, and hey, half the battle is knowing who to rip off and I'm proficient enough to know em when I see em.
With that out of the way, back in January, Courtney had a post about the Bialetti Moka Express and I'm nothing if not a beer/cigar/coffee snob so my immediate reaction was OMG I need that thing now, this morning!
Well it didn't happen that fast, the funny thing is, Courtney's post appeared on my birthday, and I used birthday money to buy myself a Moka Express. A sagacious decision if I say so myself.

Bialetti Moka Express
Bialetti Moka Express

The coffee, this thing works through pressure, the steam forcing water up through the grounds into the upper pot.
I drink this brand all the time, but made this way, wow, a depth and complexity I've never tasted in coffee before. Ms 5chw4r7z expecting a bitter cup, her eyes popped in amazement in how good it was.
Bialetti Moka Express

Like what I did there? The beer tie in with my previous beer snob statement?
Yeah, I'm catching on.
Anybody out there read coffee grounds like tea-leaves? Whats my future hold?
Bialetti Moka Express
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio
5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Loved the beer headline looming in the background of that shot. The coffee looks amazing (if that is possible).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at the grounds and tilt your head to the left, it looks like a man sitting off to the side holding a cigar with his arm resting on his leg....the cigar is bellowing smoke that is rising up to the top of the image.

    so i guess i see a good cigar in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, your future holds AMAZING coffee!! I'm so pumped you like the Moka Express. I hear there are actually people in the world who relax on Sunday mornings while they sip coffee and read the newspaper. I'm too crazy for that but his would be the perfect slow, easy cup of joe to bring to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used my birthday money last year to buy a nespresso machine. now i want this. then i'll have both. there will be no stopping me or my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only drink stovetop espresso. We have a family-sized one at home; I go through two pots before I leave the house. Congratulations on movin' on up!

    ReplyDelete