this is Minumental

Art Academy
Art Academy

So this little shindig at the Art Academy, the Annual Minumental Exhibition, how is it even possible I've never heard of it before? It boggles the mind. Anyhow, someone clued me in and I ran down to scope it out, snuck in the day before it ended actually.
Most of the art I've looked at over the last few years has been large scale, the condo as you can imagine just swallows art up, but the minimalist works stood out in defiance to that limited line of thinking. OK, so yeah, most of them were just small works of art, but a few of them, their challenge to my recent definition of art filled the whole room.

Once upon a time I lived in the same building as Kendall, I knew him enough to say hi.
I can only dream of doing all the fantastic stuff he has going on, art, music.
Those who can do, those that can't, blog.
Art Academy
Art Academy
Art Academy

I don't know what it was about these notes, I didn't care what they cost I was buying all five.
But damn those blasted red dots. I almost had tears in my eyes.
I've heard stories, I guess there are politics and negotiations involved in positioning, running in to look at at compositions while others wait in line. Crazy stuff, I'm watching for this event next year.
Art Academy
Art Academy
[where:1212 Jackson Street Cincinnati, OH 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment