Kwame Jackson on life, The Apprentice and everything else

Hello? is this thing on?

GQ photoshoot

The first question is, what the hell do I wear to meet a fashion designer?
channel my inner Cincinnati rock star?
kk.
GQ photoshootGQ photoshoot


I campaigned pretty heavy on Kate and RedkatBlone's blogs to get in on this and after a random drawing I WON!
Yeah for me.
I really didn't know what to expect going into this I was thinking that "having lunch with Kwame Jackson" meant being in the same room with, but thats not how it was at all.
It turned out to be four of us and him, sitting around talking ties, fashion and tech. Oh and Kate was there so a little sex too.
Kwame Jackson at McCormick and Schmick’sKwame Jackson at McCormick and Schmick’s

He even had a good grasp on what we were about, as in we blogged and twittered.
But like most people I don't think he had the full grasp of twitter, focusing on the noise. We actually had people following the lunch fully engaged asking questions, the signal, that’s the lesson everyone needs to take from twitter.
Kwame Jackson at McCormick and Schmick’s

But enough of ME, like I said I didn't know what to expect but Kwame was smart, intelligent, dynamic and engaging.
Its always refreshing to talk to someone not encumbered by the normal rules and is out there twisting the world around into the shape he wants it.
He was the only Apprentice finalist not to be fired, what does that tell you about him?
But on the same token he was incredibly normal, why does it always surprise me that people are human too?
One thing I thought odd, this was about his new line of ties, besides the one he was wearing where were they? I was expecting a display. But I'm not in marketing so maybe this was all about him?
If so good, that was enough for me.
Kwame Jackson at McCormick and Schmick’s

He's lived all over the country and when asked his favorite city he said New York, no where else on Earth is there that energy.
He calls this the "Hustle"
Everyone there is working on their hustle striving to be the best at what they do. They may come off cold or distant, but that’s because they have that laser like focus to be the best dancer, the best actor, the best bum. And then the transportation, subways and buses mash it all together, CEOs, stock brokers, actors mixed up with the bums.
Hmmm, does that sound like what another city is trying to do?
A city real close to here?
streetcars?

Gotta mention the food real quick, the turkey club was awesome, and the bread pudding, I was going to poke at it to be polite but I tasted it and let out a WOW! and everyone agreed. Kwame said he wasn't into bread pudding and we were all talking when out of nowhere he lets out a WOW! so I would say if you go to McCormick & Schmick's, get the bread pudding.
Kwame Jackson at McCormick and Schmick’sKwame Jackson at McCormick and Schmick’s


Thanks Kate, RedKatBlonde and Kwame for including me.[where: 45202]cincinnati ohio downtown mccormick and schmicks kwame jackson ties executive malibu

1 comments

1 comment:

  1. Kwame Jackson is throwing a party at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse on 7th street tonight. All of his ties will be on display. A percentage of all tie sales goes to a charity of his choice. Johnny Walker Blue will also be holding a tasting in conjunction.

    ReplyDelete