Christian Moerlein Brewing Co. ceremonial tapping the first keg of Moerlein Emancipator at Mount Adams Pavilion

Well the keg tapping was every bit as exciting as I thought it would be. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being OTR ale I would put the new Doppelbock at a 3, it was ok, but my expectations are so high for Moerlein beer's that anything but a home run is going to be a disapointment to me. Their Winter Warmer on a scale of 1 to 5 by the way is a 7, its like how the French rank the steepest mountains during the Tour, unclassified, or "hors-catégorie".

Tapping of Moerlein EmancipatorTapping of Moerlein Emancipator

Joe from Give Back Cincinnati, was the cerimonial beer keg tapper.
Tapping of Moerlein Emancipator

Tapping of Moerlein EmancipatorTapping of Moerlein EmancipatorTapping of Moerlein EmancipatorTapping of Moerlein EmancipatorTapping of Moerlein Emancipator

1 comment:

  1. Cool - I was at this also! You've got a picture of my arm in the 4th picture. :)

    I had my P&S with me and grabbed a few pics: Moerlein Doppelbock.

    I'll agree that it wasn't my favorite of theirs, but I think it was pretty good. I'm a bigger fan of the OTR though.

    ReplyDelete