The Hannaford Newport, Ky.

Last weekend when we thought spring had finally come and we packed away all our winter clothes and we were stir crazy, had a few errands to run and turned it into an adventure. After a few wild turns and having no idea where we were we popped out from under a bridge and were presented with the Hannaford. That was pretty impressive and I remember seeing tons of stuff online about it including Kevin having one or two posts. For some reason I had thought it was north of downtown, but I was wrong, obviously. These places are really cool and at least compared to downtown seemed down right reasonable. Theres 15 left, I really liked a couple of the smaller lofts, if this place was just north of the river.....
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport
Hannaford in Newport

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you discovered this place. I was born in Newport (but grew up in Covington) and have always loved this building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know from my post on Kevin's blog, I am disappointed with the quality of the workmanship on the remaining units. Sure it's stuff that can be rectified, but at an increased cost to the buyer.

    We've followed this development from the time it was still an extended-stay until now, and are really saddened by how much of the character has been stripped out.

    As your photos show, most of the character left is in the communal areas, which I guess is better than nothing. :)

    Too bad I didn't know you guys were going to visit - I live right around the corner from this building.

    ReplyDelete