Go*Metro

Go*Metro

OH YEAH,right. How about go to the website and get hopelessly lost and a frustrated? Jackie and I through emails tried to get her from downtown to her destination most of today. Exasperated I threw up my hands; “for f#@Ks sake, if we’re having trouble with this site what about the poor bastids that don’t have the computer skills we do?” I would click on a link for one route and get stops for a completely different route. But the thing that got me, even if I had managed to find her a bus, there is no way to send her a link, the application is totally embedded. So if you need help with the website tough, you’re on your own.
And don’t tell me to call or walk down to the office, they’re even more useless. I stopped in last April and asked how to get to the east Campus of UC. “take the 17” they said. I pulled out a pamphlet and looked, it didn’t go anywhere near where I needed and I showed it to them, they finally agreed with me and suggested 21. Again, it didn’t go anywhere near where I needed. After most of a day, I finally figured out the 39 would drop me off a block from the office.
Metro has a link on their site to calculate your carbon footprint and they run different promotions to try and get more people out of their cars and into a bus but here’s a novel idea. Make it easy for the end user! It’s not rocket science Metro. Hire someone to do a google map hack with all your stops on it. Let us click the start and end point and then tell us the best route. That idea is yours free, no charge.

And I’m pro bus for cryin out loud, imagine what people are saying who hate them, it was easier for me to get to Chicago on the Megabus than anywhere I've ever ridden on the Metro.

No comments:

Post a Comment