Habits Cafe Oakley

Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits
Habits

Julie stood us up Friday night. (haha just kidding) but we got another invite for dinner so it wasn't all bad, I say all bad because instead of walking we had to drive way, way , waaaaaaay out into the sticks to this little neighborhood place called Habits. The foods not bad at all and the scene is relaxed and we sat around awhile and caught up. Not a bad way to spend a cold Friday evening.
Habit's Cafe on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. *sniffle* I'm sorry! There's always Bockfest once you get back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D
    I never pass up an opportunity to drink good beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Habits is a great place... It's changed *a lot* since I first went there back around 2001!

    They've done some major renovations including the new all-glass front door, providing access to the "restaraunt" side of the place from the front (previously you had to go around the bar or in a separate door to get there... I think they may have not owned that space previously, but I may be wrong).

    The biggest change is that Habits used to feel like a smoky den of sin... It's quite the opposite now that the ban has gone through. I suppose they embraced the rules & attempted to change their image. I kind of miss the old place - not because I miss needing to burn my clothes after a night out, but because it reminds me that business owners aren't free to make their own rules. I think non-smoking bars are great; I just wish it was an environment created by entrepreneurial spirit.

    I've been there as recently as last week & still stop by from time to time. It's certainly the first bar I'd recommend to someone visiting the Oakley neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was last in Habits back in the summer of '04 and it seemed different, my friends were amazed on all the little kids in there.

    ReplyDelete