smash everything you want

OFFF returned to Cincinnati again, the first city in the world to see a repeat of this ground breaking event. various artist and designers talking about what moves and inspires them in their work. I really liked Jon Burgerman who didn't even focus on his work but instead talked about what he sees as he moves around his world. Jim Victore I also got a kick out of, from what I heard he ruffle some feathers. His "quit your day job" take on life was out there, I wish I could do that. Actually from what he said I should do that. But, like everyone else I'm chicken sh!t.

OFFF and ONplaygrounds
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
AHHA! Something I am good at.
what the internet is about. #offfcincy
Then it was time for ON! Handcrafted Digital Playgrounds an interactive installation and all you had to do was let your creativity flow. Photography, pen and paper, wood and sound. An invitation to not just view art but also to be an active participant in art.
Dang paparazzi!
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
doing a hundred on the highway...and you abouts to get ran the f#@k over
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
This was probably the biggest hit, Plywood, the art that spawned a thousand vine videos.
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
someone asked the other day if I thought I was some kinf of rebel. It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what everyone else thinks. And look what someone labeled my self portrait.
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
OFFF and ONplaygrounds
How many events do you attend that force you to take a hard look at yourself? And I'm not talking literaly in a mirror, but deep down in, what are you doing and what does it even mean.
OFFF and ON have been one of those events for me.[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

3 comments

3 comments:

  1. how was sara blake (zso - whatever she used for the event)? i wanted to go just to see her. i absolutely love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah was pretty cool, maybe not as polished a speaker as some of the others, she does do cool stuff.
    The last picture has her work in it, I can't remember the guys name but another artist took her work and animated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^^ Josh Davis

    ReplyDelete