Carpe Diem 2.0: All Saints Parish - Kenwood

The FFF roadshow made its way to Kenwood this week and the All Saints Parish. The talk on the way up was of their fish tacos which they're know for. I've never gotten fish taco's so I sat wondering about the fish dinner. We pulled into a half empty parking lot and I hoped it didn't mean anything, probably another lot around back jammed packed I thought. Once inside it moved smoothly, people taking your order in line and then paying at another counter before queuing up to hand over your order and receive your food. While waiting in line we were all tempted and intriged by the Irish Car Bomb cupcakes and we all bought one. get dessert first, better to be safe than sorry right?

FFF All Saints Parish
FFF All Saints Parish
The presentation wasn't much, and not up to the standards of other fish fries. The fish wasn't as flavorful as most and it wasn't crunchy, a little more greasy than others. The sweet potato frys, what I had really been looking forward too weren't crisp like I like. if you like soggy fries, you'll like these but I like my fries nice and crisp. The cole slaw now, a traditional cole slaw with a twist, ground pepper added a pop to the slaw I wasn't expecting and I loved it!.
I'm a beer failure too. I walked up to the beer coolers and asked what they had, not much, they handed me a Miller Lite and I looked over and there were two Mt Carmel kegs! what the heck? I guess since I didn't walk straight to the keg they must have assumed no quality beer for me. Lesson learned, take a good hard look around before ordering beer.
One other gotcha, they have gangs of little pony haired girls walking around selling desserts. They really hit you were it hurts, how do you say no to little pony haired girls? I can't.
I hate to be a bad guy but I have to take the bad with the good. I'm giving All Saints a 2.75. Now some of the others I was with loved the fish tacos, so if you like them too don't let me stop you. If you only go to one fish fry this season this shouldn't be it, but if you've visited a few already you could try All Saints. One more caveat, I'm really splitting hairs so its not like everything was horrible. It just isn't up to the standards of the Ludlow KoC.
FFF All Saints Parish
FFF All Saints Parish
$5 for a beer and a Mt Carmel pint glass that you get to keep. How do these guys make any money doing that?
FFF All Saints Parish
Irish Car Bomb *contains alcohol. gotta love Catholics.
FFF All Saints Parish
careful note taking, Cincy Whimsey gave All Saints much higher marks than me
FFF All Saints Parish
FFF All Saints Parish
Chef Chad signing passports
FFF All Saints Parish
the equivalent of turning the bar lights on. you guys don't have to go home, you just have to go
FFF All Saints Parish
FFF All Saints Parish
For more fish fry ideas check out the other Friday Fish Fries we've visited.[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

2 Irish Car Bombs

2 comments:

  1. The fish tacos and Mt. Carmel beer made it a 5 out of 5 for me!
    http://www.cincywhimsy.com/2013/03/fish-fry-4-all-saints-parish.html

    Also, love the pic of me taking notes. So sneaky! :)

    ReplyDelete