Cincy Winter Beerfest

I wasn't even going because I had heard so many bad things about it last year, but I ran into an organizer in The Lackman one night and he explained I had it confused with a knockoff that ran last year.
No non-beer vendors he promised and since the Nomerati's, The Boilover and the Hoperatives were all going it made it tough for me to skip, so I didn't. Besides imagine going to festival of anything, and having 5 people passionate about whatever is going on there giving you advice about what to try.
Yeah, that's what it was like.
Now, I have my beer opinions and an agenda for what I wanted to try, but I didn't lightly cast aside any suggestions offered by my beer fest co-conspirators.
OK, one complaint, the organizers sold like 2,000 VIP tickets from what I heard. My thinking is, if everyone is VIP, then no one is.

Cincinnati Winter Beerfest

It seemed to me this beer was supposed to be an ale but I'm sure I got it all wrong, but one thing I didn't get wrong was how proud they were of it, they sold a 100 bottle micro batch out in 14 days. It could have been an ale, an ale conditioned in a bourbon barrel. What ever it was sorry guys for forgetting the details but I do remember it was one of my favorites of the Cincy Winter Beerfest.
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
P1120881

The most recognizable character, Dilly Cafe's Peanut.
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest

I got the VIP ticket because I wanted to make sure to get a SUPER COLD DRAFT before they ran out.
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest

One beer, one Hoist.
First rule of Beer Fest.
Thanks for keeping me on two feet the entire night.
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest

James from Take the Cake having all kinds of problems pouring me a beer.
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest

Shebar and the crew.
Cincinnati Winter Beerfest

Beers were drank, good times were had.
I didn't end up in Rabbit Hash Sunday morning missing a shoe and wondering why my tongue hurt.
Pluses all the way around.
Lets do it again next year please.

[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
1 comments

1 comment:

  1. Bob, I'm very proud of you. You captured the essence of the event perfectly. Well done. :)
    These are some great photos!

    ReplyDelete