the hamburger. a beginning and end to many a conversation

Me? I like them fat and packed just tight enough to hold them together, just on the verge of falling apart. You can't beat the texture and flavor in a burger like that. So when I got an invite to Smashburger I was thinking "what?"
But they were each paired with a Moerlien beer, so based on that alone I was all in. Smashburger gets their name from their technique of grilling burgers, they start with a meatball and smash it flat on the grill.
Couple thoughts, ok, the burger was flavorful enough that the texture didn't bother me, and I would have never thought to pair some these up. For instance, the Spicy Baja Black Bean Burger, paired with a Northern Liberties IPA. Who knew the bitterness of the hops would cut the heat of the peppers? I didn't but it was like the proverbial light bulb switched on when I tried them together. And I hadn't tried Moerlein's Lager House Helles before, this could be a go to summer beer, light and clean.

Smashburger
Smashburger
I can apreciate where they're going with this, they explained the thinner burgers cooke faster. It allows Smashburger to put their twist on fast casual dining. Or as they labels themselves, the “better burger” restaurant
Smashburger
Smashburger
Smashburger
Smashburger
Smashburger
Smashburger
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment