evening shopping at Findlay Market

A very interesting informal gathering at the Findlay Market business office last night to discus just that. It seems everyone customer wise would like the market to stay open later because closing at 6 makes it challenging to shop after work, its a crap shoot that the shop you want to hit has closed 10 minutes early or not. On the other side of the counter there were a few vocal vendors dead set against staying open later, they all had valid points. Most seemed to be based on what happened when Findlay expanded to Sunday hours, they worry about spending time and money to stay open late with no guarantee of anyone showing up to shop.
So the question is, would you put your money where your mouth is and shop Findlay Market on a Thursday evening?
UPDATE: Good news, I hear there are plans for a month long test for later hours on Thursdays for a month. You'll know more when I know more.

The Findlay Market business office has this cool wood model of OTR that no one seemed to know much about.

OTR model in Findlay business office
OTR model in Findlay business office
OTR model in Findlay business office
OTR model in Findlay business office
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

10 comments

11 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the model! It looks like a set of wooden building blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen it in person? Its amazing. I can't imagine how long it took to cut each one of those blocks out. I wan't to get more pictures after the meeting but I took a wrong turn and locked myself out of the building.

      Delete
    2. We will let you in anytime and help answer any questiona you have about the model. It can be one of the Findlay Market app question and answers. Rebecca--Market Manager

      Delete
  2. I'd shop there in the evening on a Thursday in a heartbeat. Staying open late 1x a week sounds like a good compromise for the stated concerns because it will consolidate potential evening business and confirm if it's a viable offering.

    I get really busy on the weekends and can't always make it down, plus sometimes the gigantic crowds stress me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Findlay Market would stay open one evening a week, I would be there EVERY week. I would rather shop for my groceries there than anywhere else. Wednesday or Thursday would be ideal.

    Also, that model of OTR is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Findlay Market would stay open one evening a week, I would be there EVERY week. I would rather shop for my groceries there than anywhere else. Wednesday or Thursday would be ideal.

    Also, that model of OTR is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Thursday is perfect. -Heather Y

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would def. shop later! I actually missed my weekly fridge supply shopping this past weekend due to the holiday events and we only shop local for our food! So I went down on Tuesday after work (5:30 pm) to see what I could get and it seemed like Daisy Mae's was the only thing open and very few other booths... so I got lunch meat, nuts and some veggies... i'll make it work but it would be awesome if Findley Market was open later at least for the summer... and then more would be happening downtown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously! why has no one thought of this?! It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be there every week on my way home from work if it was open later. There have been many nights where I've had to stop by the grocery before I hit home and I would love shooting down Central Parkway and heading to Findlay instead! [=

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news, I hear there are plans for a month long test for later hours on Thursdays for a month. You'll know more when I know more.

    ReplyDelete