goin flying

After asking for a ride when a spare seat appeared, my lucky number was pulled this past Saturday.
Bright and sunny with a little haze, what a great day, this is the same plane my Dad used to fly when I was a wee kid. man did the memories come flooding back once I got in.
I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
Thanks @benabaker

flying

flying

Take off

As close as we got to downtown, there was a bubble of haze around it.
flying
flying

The Moscow power plant punching a hole through a thermal layer.
flying
flying

Not being a backseat pilot
flying

Wonder how many Chevy's Jeff Wyler sold to buy that place?
UPDATE: got some bad info, that isn't Jeff's house.
flying
flying

back at Lunkin
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live cincinnati ohio lunkin airport cessna 172
1 touch and go

1 comment:

  1. SWEET! I love all the photos and would love to know who's fancy shack that is if not Wyler's. My room mate needs to get his medical check up & back in the pilot seat. Downsized 3 times and now a real job again, he is anxious to get back at it now that he can afford it...once the 60 hr weeks slow down but he loves it. Been flying since he was 16 & now is 42. Would love his own Cessna but bought a house instead!

    He flies out of the Hamilton-Fairfield airport and a couple times flew to Morgantown, Wva for lunch with his late mom. I'm too chicken to fly that far but did make myself go up a few times years ago. It was gorgeous. Thanks for the memories. Love the cloud photos.


    Oh, and the videos of the take off and landing was cool!! Sorry for blathering on but something about small airports, planes & small private jets taking off makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete