protest art

2008 really was still at the dawn of social media. Even though facebook was launched in 2004 and twitter in 2006, the vast majority of people hadn't embraced them yet. So how did someone express frustration do back in the stone age of social media? If that someone owned a building on a prominent street near an entrance/exit of an expressway what they did was protest art. I've been wanting to get pictures of this place for years, but like I said, the street is busy and not exactly pedestrian friendly. But luckily the last trip back to Youngstown in February on a cool Saturday morning I was finally able to stop.
Back when I still lived in Youngstown I would have thought this guy was a wacko, and maybe he is. But fast forward a millennia in social media where we've seen people shot for not have a front license plate or for any real reason at all and the guy doesn't seem so crazy anymore.
Frustrated for sure though.
And an accidental artist.
Youngstown Protest Art
Youngstown Protest Art
Youngstown Protest Art
Youngstown Protest Art
I'm not trespassing, I'm a photographer
Youngstown Protest Art
Youngstown Protest Art
Youngstown Protest Art
Youngstown Protest Art
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment