The Ledge Gallery at Tiny Town

Chris Glass and his exhibit "I’VE GOT A MATCH: HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE CHRIS GLASS MATCHCOVER ARCHIVE+RESEARCH CENTRE" debuted Friday at the Ledge Gallery. Chris has obviously been picking up matchbooks for a long time and has accumilated quite a collection.
Picking up a matchbook at that roadside curiosity or restaurant is an age old tradion. Although in the social climate of 2016 these matchbooks feel quaint, it was nice to drift back to an earlier time with this display of Americana.

Ledge Gallery
Wait a second! Is Maya. Smiling?
Ledge Gallery
Ledge Gallery
Ledge Gallery
Ledge Gallery
Ledge Gallery
Then we headed up the street to Brighton and The Mockbee for The Red Door Project. The Mockbee is a dramatic space for art.
Red Door Mockbee
Red Door Mockbee
Oh man, John Young asked me to tell this couple about the streetcar and Issue 9. Next thing I know I'm digging deep into Cincinnati and Ohio politics. The it hit me and I appologized, "I'm making a lot of assumptions because John introduced us." The woman said she agreed with my views but her hasband just gave an awkward laugh. Awkward. LOL I hope I didn't cause any trouble on the presidential election front.
Red Door Mockbee
Red Door Mockbee
If there is a Pokémon at the Mockbee this guy will find it.
Red Door Mockbee
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

1 comment:

  1. Of course Chris Glass put a 97X matchbook on display. It was the first one I saw.

    It doesn't help that the logo is etched into my brain permanently, I guess.

    ReplyDelete