Go*Metro

Metro, struggling with budget cuts, negative perception and a stagnant ridership has embarked on a new ad campaign featuring regular riders. Although the riders they selected are maybe more regular than most.
I was asked if I'd be willing to participate and eagerly said yes wondering how the process of making an ad works.
The whole thing happened much as I expected. If you imagine doing something like this is glamorous I'm here to burst that bubble. Unless you think repeating a line 100 times is glamorous. But the whole process of creation, watching it happen and talking to the other "actors" and people creating the ad was enlightening.
I showed up on set in a blue shirt I had thrown on last minute, I remembered the email specifying a blue, green or red clothes. The director glanced at me pondering, then exclaimed, 'everyone has wore blue today" Yes, its kind of what was asked, but I offered to run back home and put on what I was originally going to wear, then did and everyone liked it better anyhow.
Turned out to be a really good time.
Funny how when I get nervous I mess with my wedding ring.

Metro commercial shoot
instagram courtesy Gina Weathersby ~gretchalina
Metro commercial shoot
Metro commercial shoot
Metro commercial shoot

My little plug for Metro, for me its not an end in itself but just another option. With the mild winter and spring we've had I've been throwing the bike on the rack and riding the bike home. Its nice having the bus to ride home when the weather doesn't cooperate but that hasn't happened too much this year.
The bus isn't convenient for everyone I know, BUT if you have the option you should seriously consider riding. The difference getting to work is incredible, instead of being stressed from road rage you jump off the bus relaxed after facebooking and tweeting the whole trip. One other observation, everyone thinks the bus is for people with no other choice but I've noticed a change over the last 5 years I've ridden it that somewhere along the way its changed and the majority of people I see on my route are professionals. So much for stereotypes.
June 21st is dump the pump day, the perfect excuse for riding Metro!
Go here to plan your bus ride using Google Transit.

Metro commercial shoot
Metro commercial shoot

[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

2 comments

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're a Metro fan and were involved in their campaign! As you said, more people need to consider it a viable option rather than transit of last resort. I've had mostly positive experiences with it -- my one complaint is that the system is confusing unless and until you understand the over all structure of Cincinnati's neighborhoods and main streets. Once I got the hang of that, riding the bus became pretty simple and convenient.

    When I started my corporate gig out in Kenwood, I became the only person in the Cincinnati office to take advantage of the pre-tax bus pass busing program. People looked at me like I was crazy, but having some time at the beginning and end of the day to just read was really nice, and I never came into work already stressed. Of course, I didn't last long in my job, but that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother the star! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete