Ruya Turkish Coffee

I'm a big fan of coffee, and just about everything that People's Liberty has done. So it should be no surprise I'm a fan of People's Liberty Globe grant recipient Ruya Turkish Coffee.
Per Ruya's website,
"A first-generation Turkish-American born and raised in Cincinnati, Aydogan’s vision for Rüya emerged from a desire to bridge the dualities of her upbringing. With Rüya, her aim is to give Cincinnatians a window into life and culture outside of America.
“In my family, we gather at the end of meals for coffee and read each other’s fortune through the coffee grinds,” said Aydogan. “It’s mostly a time to talk about aspirations, hopes, dreams, and things you want resolved in your life.” "

Ruya coffee popup
Ruya coffee popup
Ruya coffee popup
I dropped in the morning after Ruya's grand opening on a rainy Saturday to a quiet shop and watched as Melis Aydogan personally brewed me a cup of Turkish Coffee. It is interesting how coffee cuts across all cultures. The customs change slightly but one thing is universal, conversation and community. Coffee somehow binds them together stronger than any other form of sustinance.
And once I drank my coffee Ms. Aydogan read my future in the left over grounds. Not even an empty cup could stop the conversation!
Ruya coffee popup
Ruya coffee popup
Ruya coffee popup
Ruya coffee popup
Ruya coffee popup
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment