Groupon

Did everyone get their Groupon for Dilly Café yesterday? I spent the day watching Chuck freakin out on twitter, did he think that many were going to sell? I couldn't tell if he was excited or apprehensive in a OMFG WTF did I do kind of way. All I know is me and 2,000 of my closets friends are having a tweetup there next week. Follow me on twitter if you want in on the action.
You don't know about Groupon? I've been a little critical of the deals lately because it seems like they've gotten thin but they send an email every day with a half off deal. In the beginning everyone of them was good but now there seems to be too many $5 for a $10 off and I ain't driving to Mason for what is essentially a free beer. But they still have some gems mixed in, like the deal for Dilly yesterday, they just don't come fast and furious like they did in the beginning.

Giminetti Baking Co
Giminetti Baking Co

It reminds me somewhat of the Saturday afternoon we went to the Giminetti Baking Co. Got there about an hour before closing to use our Groupon. As we sat down to eat a good sized crowd poured in behind us and I noticed most of them clutching their Groupons.
But it seems like they loved it, people in there that otherwise would have never stopped in.
The food was good, the decor? Well the food was good and thats what counts right?
Giminetti Baking Co
Giminetti Baking Co

I wasn't the only person taking pictures, this dude looked pretty serious.
Giminetti Baking Co
Giminetti Baking Co
[where:2900 Gilbert Ave Cincinnati, OH 45206]best place to learn how to live downtown Giminetti Baking Co cincinnati ohio Walnut Hills baked goods sandwiches the ethos of Cincinnati
1 comments

1 comment:

  1. Groupon probably just about put Dilly Deli out of business I'm betting. There is no way they can cover their expenses with a response like that. They are screwed. Groupon however makes a ton of money for selling nothing. What the consumer doesn't understand is that Groupon is a kind of scam using struggling or new restaurants as prey. People dont realize there is going to be such a big response or understand that it is there customer base buying these and not new customers who have never heard of the place. This really is going to kill them.

    ReplyDelete