Downtown Grocer revisted

Fresh Market Oakley

So the weather was crappy yesterday and Ms. 5chw4r7z and I decided to get some errands done we’ve been putting off. After hitting Target for supplies, we still needed a few groceries and headed for Biggs in Hyde Park when we saw the Fresh Market in Oakley and decided to turn in and check it out. The prices were not as bad as I thought they’d be and as we were leaving I turned and looked over my shoulder and it just hit me. Suburban people frequently cite the lack of a downtown grocer as a liability and barrier to downtown living. But a full blown grocer is not needed; downtown needs something like this Fresh Market. I know its possible to get all this by trekking all over the CBD but consider this for a moment .
I can make my monthly or bi-monthly treks out to the boonies to pick up household and personal supplies in quantity. I need a grocer that can supply me with the food supplies needed once or twice a week. A small deli/meat counter, a small dairy section, small bakery, produce and a few gourmet items sprinkled in. Since I won’t be stocking up with a weeks worth of supplies, parking shouldn’t be needed and I’ll be able to stroll in and then out with my re-usable canvas bags stocked with what I want for dinner the next two nights.
How cosmopolitan would that be?