The Banks, the streetcar and Cincinnati sucks

Still timely a year and a half later, I posted this last May.

After floating around the pool all day and listening to one of the other downtown residents complain about how everything in Cincinnati is run like crap and it could all be done better, Ms. 5chw4r7z and I talked about how no-one ever has anything good to say about their city. I guess that applies to us also because we were hell bent on getting out of Youngstown. So it is timely and funny I came across this post tonight of Miss Izzy complaining about how boring Singapore is. I guess if you grew up there maybe, but I bet it would take a long time for me to get bored there.


Every denizen in every city on the face of the Earth will have something shit to say about their city, and their living conditions. Where ever you go, this rule will hold through. Complaints range from the city’s ruling elite being corrupt, to roads that remain yet to be mended for years and years, to not enough aid to too much aid, to rising living cost, awful architecture. Etcetera, etcetera.

1 comment:

  1. It may be just me and granted I was only there for 2 years, but even though people seemed to hate living in Cincinnati, many seemed to take a lot of pride in their city at the same time.

    ReplyDelete