a new bar at 7th and Race?

Aren't you glad your internet guy knows a guy?
So the scuttlebutt is that the Dingle House, located in West Chester is set to open a bar in the old Sully's location at 7th and Race in the Groton Bldg. After being shuttered for months many downtowners were hoping for a Frisch's or other restaurant but it seems that corner really really wants to be Irish.

Groton

The West Chester location bills itself as a "gastropub" so it will be interesting to see what they do down here.
Am I speaking for everyone when I pray its not another college bar?[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati


7 comments

7 comments:

  1. You ARE speaking for everyone. I'll admit, I did frequent Lodge and Black Finn in college (God help me), but I didn't know any better. Now, I can't stand those places. I've seen the light, hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place has some kind of weird curse or dimensional rift in the kitchen. If you want a really slow Frisch's, try the one on Spring Grove Ave. in Spring Grove Village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard through the grape vine that the residents above didn't want a bar? Any truth to that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, when I lived there (during Redfish and Sully's), the residents were not happy at all with the bar. However, I've been to the Dingle House in West Chester and it should be nothing like Sully's. More like Nicholson's if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived in a second floor apartment on the right edge of the picture, it was bad enough when Red Fish was there, we bailed before Sully's opened.
    I hope its more Nicholson's than Sully's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I agree with Sean F. Dingle House is more like Nicholson's than anything else. I miss Redfish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I walked past it tonight and there is now a sign in the window that says Bag Pipes Restaurant and Bar coming soon

    ReplyDelete