le monsieur et la dame nier ce qu'ils sont

The last adventure for Paris we had scheduled was a dinner hosted by Jim Haynes, a Louisiana expat who has been hosting these things for over 30 years. Suggested by Jackie who created and hosted the Cincinnati Supper Club that was so successful that it lasted a full year after she left. Any rate with an endorsement like that we could not miss it.
The first challenge was getting there, where we, on the southeast corner of Paris needed to get to the west most point of the city. Lucky for us, a cool thing about Paris is the extensive transport system so hopping the Metro and RER made getting there a snap.

Paris France metro
Paris France metro
Paris France metro
Paris France metro
Paris France metro
Paris France metro

The supper, in itself another function you've been to a million times, hosted outside in an unassuming Paris courtyard with everyone standing around drinking and talking.
Except for two party goers, whom I’m not sure how to label.
deipnosophist? professional party goers? Whatever you want to call them they each had a different approach to mingling.
First up a piquant 20ish girl with an accent I couldn't identify, I go for drinks she walks up to me, where are you from? is it cold? does it snow? and then she's gone.
Only to reappear later as I'm in a large group of people. "AH Mr. Cincinnati" she says and sets off a whole chain reaction of excited conversation. It was incredible to mentally step back and watch her perform.

Later an older gentleman, definitely British with a mild accent strolls up, there’s maybe 6 people around and asks where I'm from. Cincinnati. "Really?" he says, in Ohio? That’s not an Indian word, Italian right? Which leads me into a discourse of the Order of Cincinnatus. But the result was the same, I stepped back mentally and watched him perform.
Incredible.
They both shared one other trick, but I'm not telling because, well because I want to try a few party tricks the next time I'm in a crowd of people I don't know.
It was almost worth going to Paris to meet those two, it's always profitable to know an online person who knows a person.
Paris France metro
Paris France metro
[where:83, rue de la Tombe Issoire 75014 Paris France]
comments?

1 comment:

  1. if those pics don't capture the ultimate essence of all that is erin marie, i don't know what does.

    ReplyDelete