an American in Paris. with an ice cream cone

When I used to think of Paris, I imagined people walking around with loaves of French bread and guess what? When we got there we saw people walking around eating bread exactly like I imagined. So when we would get hungry sight seeing, we'd step into a patisserie and buy a small loaf for a €1 or two and walk around tearing hunks off and eating. MAN hands down Paris has some of the best bread in the world.
The last thing I expected after a couple days of wandering around was an ice cream shop and an Italian gelato shop on top of that. But that's exactly what we found. The biggest surprise was when I walked up to the display case, "which two flavors would you like?" said the guy behind it, I literally stepped back, this was the first English I'd heard in three days and almost without an accent.

Paris, France
Paris, France
Paris, France

A surprise on top of a surprise dipped and rolled in surprise. I bet we could make the whole world turn on ice cream if we wanted, ice cream transcends cultural boundaries. Smiling, happy and content we strolled around Victor Hugo's modest resting place. They love their poets in France they do.
Paris, France

Looking at real estate ads you could rent condos in the Latin Quarter for around €1000 a month. No idea of the size of the places but to be in the center of Paris? I figured it would be much more to have a view of the Eiffel Tower stepping out your front door.
Paris, FranceParis, France

[where:Paris France]

2 coconut/chocolate gelato

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I love Amorino! Next time make a trek to Berthillon. Their salted caramel gelato is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those gelatos. Coconut & chocolate is awesome combo anytime. Love the photos of the buildings, too.

    ReplyDelete