Invader

To tell the truth I'd never heard of Invader before Exit Through the Gift Shop where he played a minor role. And afterwards I kind of forgot about him considering most of his work was done in either Europe or LA he was kind of off the radar.
Not your normal spray bomb graffiti, Invader uses ceramic tiles to reproduce the low-res monsters of the Space Invaders game. He must have really been hooked as the game created a whole sub culture and huge following.

Paris graffiti Space Invader
Invader

But the very first day in Paris I saw one and stopped dead. I mean, can you imagine as a fan of what ever genre of art you're into and seeing it on the street?
Invader
Invader

I got goosepimply literally grinning like a little kid every time I discovered a new one.
This one is made out of Rubik's Cubes.
Invader
Invader

But it didn't stop, I'd see more and more as we walked around the city retracing Invader's steps. Hand he eaten in the same cafes we hand? Waited for the same metros, nervous and anxious for far different reasons than we were?
[where:Paris France]
2 comments

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, in Cincy as well.
    You'll probably find them, now that you've seen him up.

    ReplyDelete