your next best burger

While you sit peacefully at home on your couch blissfully unaware and watching Ultimate catch there's a war being waged on the streets of Cincinnati.
A life and death, give no quarter continual arms race and one up-manship.
They say in war there are no winners.
WRONG

The Rookwood
The Rookwood
The Rookwood

chicken fried bacon. it is all that.
The Rookwood
The Rookwood

Talking burgers last week with the 'Nomerati, she suggested we hit up The Rookwood on a Wednesday for their build your own burger special.
Whats that all about I asked?
dunno, that's why we need to go
Plus they give out a prize for the most creative burger.
Lets see, bacon check. fried bologna check. oh yeah liken this already.
and right about here my photo skills began to fail me
The Rookwood
The Rookwood

old skool, juice running down you hands, flavor packed burger.
this cannot be good for you, oh no, but it tastes sooo good.
And guess what, at the end of the meal the cook came out to talk to the 'Nomerati for her creation the "keep it classy" burger. All I remember is she had Velveeta on it, and that pushed it over the edge for him, so sometime soon she'll be back up there for a burger on the cooks tab.
The Rookwood
The Rookwood
The Rookwood
The Rookwood

We're all winners in the battle for Cincinnati's best burger. I don't know where it can go from here given the laws of diminishing returns, I'm left to splitting hairs now over a couple of the best burgers, but the Rookwood couple possibly have the best hamburger in Cincinnati.
The Rookwood Bar & Restaurant on Urbanspoon[where:1077 Celstial St, Cincinnati, OH 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati The Rookwood Pottery Co. Bar Restaurant Mt. Adams cincinnati ohio Maria Longworth Nichols Storer
2 comments

2 comments:

  1. that pic with the cushions is SUH-weeet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken fried bacon !!!! My mouth is watering!
    This had to taste so good. I am addicted to bacon without all that. If I were to eat that, you may as well put me in the asylum. Wow, what an aweome idea for bacon! My hats off to the chef.

    ReplyDelete