you can tune a fish...

The "Play me I'm Yours" piano project seems to be a popular success so far, every time I cross Fountain Square someone is bangin away on it. Yesterday I came across a technician tuning it, what grabbed my attention though was the Palm he was using to tune it with. I asked if he had an app and he did, but admitted it was challenging to do outside with all the background noise.
I wondered if hundreds of kids pounding on it knocked it out of tune quickly and he said no, actually it was the humidity that did it.
Learn something new every day.

Play Me, I’m Yours
Play Me, I’m Yours
Play Me, I’m Yours
Play Me, I’m Yours[where:520 vine st. Cincinnati, Ohio 45202]best place to learn how to live the ethos fountain square cincinnati ohio downtown 3cdc Tyler Davidson Genius of Water 1871 Fifth and Vine Streets cast bronze Henry Probasco William Tinsley
2 comments

2 comments:

  1. I need to show this to our piano tuner. He does it the old fashion way, by ear. He tunes ours once a month unless Ricky Nye and Todd Hepburn go a bit more crazy than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why doesn't he tune it at night?

    ReplyDelete