coffee tasting on Fountain Square

Going on right now, if you're reading this in the AM that is, you have until 10am to get down and try some of the area's best coffees.
Wow am I geeking on caffiene.

Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting

Tim and George interviewed Ms 5chw4r7z and I, those guys are good, set me up for a laugh and I walked right into it.
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting

I'm not one for fufu flavored coffees but La Terza with the Hawaiian Hazelnut, the nose heavy with coconut and aromatic, but it didn't mess the taste up, almost a bold coffee, really liked that one. I'm already familiar with their coffee though, I've been drinking their Park+Vine blend, sold, oddly enough, or maybe not, at Park+Vine.
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting

The coffee guy has an interesting setup, everything is propane powered, no need for generators. He said he hangs out in the mornings around Court and Sycamore, explains why I've never heard of him before.
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting
Rippe & Kingston Coffee Tasting

UPDATE: I forgot the most important information I learned, Bob from Tazza Mia is talking about relocating his roasting operation from West Chester to downtown, maybe incorporating tours and demos. How cool is that?[where:616 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
5 comments

6 comments:

  1. Was this advertised prior to yesterday afternoon? I walk across the square 2x's 5 days a week and dont recall seeing anything until this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, well I guess it depends. I get Fountain Square emails. Since you're there every day, sign up for their emails now, I have a link in the side bar.
    Also follow them on twitter if you have an account or on facebook. Those are the three main ways I find out about FS events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn! I missed it. I woke up 30 min too late. Guess I'll have to go any try the ones I haven't on my own. Too bad I also missed Frank Marzullo to he's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob! Thanks for the blog shout out. Sorry about leaving you out to dry like that! Glad you guys stopped in to be part of the show.

    Jeff "George" Kiss 107

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bob it was great to meet you yesterday! I just wanted to throw in one thing. The Hawaiian Hazelnut isn't actually a La Terza Coffee. It's from a group out in California that also supplies the Coffee Shop on Wooster. The espresoo and the Bali Blue Moon are both La Terza. Sorry for the confusion. It gets a little hairy when cafe's carry coffee from multiple roasters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. la terza= best coffee in the city, no question.

    ReplyDelete