Streetscapes

Thanks weather!
The rain chased everyone into the CCAC Saturday, a shame, the last time I went there was a good crowd in Clifton for the event.
At least this year they don't have to worry about the Street Dept steamcleaning the art off the street and sidewalks.
Bonus I guess, they can take the art with them and display it, but The process and fleeting lifespan of sidewalk chalk are an art onto themselves if you see it that abstractly and that atmosphere was missing, but it was still a cool event.

StreetScapes 2009
StreetScapes 2009
StreetScapes 2009

Tools of the trade, homemade sidewalk chalk.
StreetScapes 2009
StreetScapes 2009

Poor Ami, she was inconsolable crying, her Mom asked what was wrong, her picture was horrible. I don't know, it doesn't come out in the picture but there was something there, me telling her it was awesome made it worse.
Yep, she's exactly like some of the artists I've known, their own worst critics.
StreetScapes 2009
StreetScapes 2009
StreetScapes 2009
[where:3711 Clifton Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45220]cincinnati ohio clifton ohio streetscapes chalk art
3 comments

3 comments:

  1. I've always loved the "Death of Marat" painting for some reason. Interesting to see it in chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, B. I think you have a soft spot for children, which makes you more endearing. :)

    ReplyDelete