PARK(ing) Day 2009

PARK(ing) Day is an annual, one-day, global event where artists, activists, and citizens independently but simultaneously temporarily transform metered parking spots into “PARK(ing)” spaces: temporary public parks. I had been wanting to check it out for a year or so and this year I got to.
I was hoping there'd be one in the CBD but at the end of the day, it really made sense to do this in The Q, where there's a concentration of green and outdoor themed stores.

PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009

The shaved ice guy saved our life, or at least it seemed like it at the time.

PARK(ing) Day 2009
PARK(ing) Day 2009
Learning how to ride a Segway, surprisingly, you control it mostly through your feet, just like a motorcycle.
Eric from Green Drinks Mason gave us some excellent lessons, and had us riding like pros in minutes.

[where:12th & vine cincinnati ohio 45202]cincinnati ohio downtown Cincinnati Issue 9
6 comments

6 comments:

  1. Another GRREAT eye for pics to be taken Bob! LQQK forward to visiting the Schw4r7z blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am not ashamed to admit that I never heard of PARKing day.

    Some great photos and I enjoyed the lessons on the Segway.

    Cincinnati should pay you for the blog you do for the Queen City. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I should be on somebodies payroll right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lov this idea! I wish I woud have known about it. I was at Media Bridges all morning ad would have lved to participate afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5chwa4r7z

    Yes, or at least get a job doing GOOD NEWS & Taste/View of Cincinnati for a human interest story on local news. With all the black eyes this city has seen both in local and national media, your blog just screams I LOVE CINCINNATI and why you do.

    But heaven forbid, news broadcasts run a fun LOCAL on going series on the news. Can't be sharing positive stuff can we? Gotta go with the media made reputation. (insert sarcasm here) Or local heartbreak stories..sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I saw folks posted up in parking spaces last week and I had no clue what for. This is pretty cool, have to participate in this next time.

    -Ed.

    ReplyDelete