a year ago today

I remember the outrage I felt back on 9/11 when a major paper's headline was "America's Innocence Lost"
I was mad because, my thinking at the time was of all the things that happened over the history of the U.S. how innocent were we?
But in some quirk of prescient I couldn't quite touch, but back then could almost feel, and now today I know, we lost our innocence when Farrah Fawcett posed for that poster.
And now she's gone.
God help us all.

[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
2 comments

2 comments:

  1. i remember that poster hanging in dads workshop. i think every garage and workshop in American had that poster hanging in it. what a classic image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post Bob, love it.

    ReplyDelete