pizza infinity

Don't know if I've ever had Chicago style pizza so I can't comment on how critical everyone is of Chi-nnati's, besides the strange spelling of the name. I didn't think the pizza was any better or worse than any other Cincinnati pizza except for Dewey's, my favorite Cincinnati pizza.

Chi-nnati's
Chi-nnati's
Chi-nnati's
Chi-nnati's
Chi-nnati's

I've always told everyone the best pizza in the world was pizza from the Ave, Avalon Gardens, Youngstown Ohio. The last trip through Youngstown meeting up with former neighbors I had to find out if it was still true of if I was blowing nostalgia colored smoke out my ass. Walking in, the place was kind of empty which had me worried. This could have shaped up to be a pizza cage match show down of the century.
Youngstown
Youngstown
Youngstown

But no, it wasn't to be, Avalon still has the greatest pizza on earth. Had a discussion with Kate the Great's dad, who's also from Ytown, even the restaurants they don't call Italian in Ytown are still Italian, you just can't find food here like you do in Northeast Ohio, its one of the things I miss from back home.
YoungstownYoungstown

Chi-nnati's on Urbanspoon
Avalon Gardens on Urbanspoon
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
2 comments

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm from the Y-town area and don't know of this place. What? Where's it at?

    cincyfoxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you shitting me?
    Belmont Ave on the Northside, I lived a couple blocks away, half a block north of Crandall Park.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/334/1342934/restaurant/Avalon-Gardens-Youngstown

    ReplyDelete