extra extra read all about it

Yelp's Mustache Bash

Listermann Brewing Company is brewing a beer in honor of Arnold's, called Arnold's Ziffel. WOW does that date me that I know who Arnold Ziffel is? Dan Listermann wanted to lock down a recipe for Arnold's Harry's Law premier party coming up soon in which the show is set in but not filmed in Cincinnati. Arnold's bar will also feature heavily in the show.
Arnold's Ziffel

Dan is aiming for an Altbier, beer they used to brew way back, back before refrigeration and cold fermenting yeast.
Amazing the difference in taste between them, or maybe it wasn't all that amazing as two different yeasts were used.
UPDATE: Tom from Hoperatives who was also there set me straight on the yeast;
"...it was 2 recipes (one using 50% smoked malt, the other 100%) and 4 different yeasts. So each bottle had a different yeast strain.But yeah, they were all very different."
Arnold's Ziffel
Arnold's Ziffel
Arnold's Ziffel

Now I'm not gonna lie, Altbier wouldn't be my first choice at the bar, but I could appreciate it.
Looks for Arnold's Ziffel at Arnold's bar around or near the end of September.
Arnold's Ziffel
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
6 comments

6 comments:

  1. This doesn't change any of your essential points (and it was easy to miss as he was talking though them at first ), but it was 2 recipes (one using 50% smoked malt, the other 100%) and 4 different yeasts. So each bottle had a different yeast strain.But yeah, they were all very different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Tom, I was taking notes as fast as I could but I missed a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. With no objections, we would like to use your bottle picture for the Arnold's profile pic on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Ziffel's! That entire show was a bizarre hoot. Arnold loved watching Westerns IIRC. :)

    ~~Green Acres a Classic.

    ReplyDelete