a tourist in your own town

I love getting visitors to the Queen City, seeing the city through a fresh set of eyes. It reminds me why I fell in love with it to begin with. Jackie was back in town this past weekend, and even though she spent a year downtown back in 2007-8 as you can imagine everything and nothing has changed since then.

Jackie downtown/OTR
Jackie downtown/OTR
Jackie downtown/OTR

Park+Vine was kind of the same, but different in a new location. I'm still using the original canvas grocery bags I bought when they first opened. Those things are 4 yrs old, been through the wash a bunch. Wonder how many plastic bags I've kept out of the landfill?
Jackie downtown/OTR
Jackie downtown/OTR

I really like all the plantscapes on the fire escapes in OTR.
Jackie downtown/OTR
Jackie downtown/OTR
Jackie downtown/OTR

I don't remember every walking or driving on this block of Central and if I did I was most likely looking at the SPCA, so how crazy was it to look across the street and see a building for the first time after years downtown?
Jackie downtown/OTR

The same with this Sheppard Fairey mural, its on Walnut for crying out loud, how have I never seen it?
Jackie downtown/OTR
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
5 comments

5 comments:

  1. Seems like the periphery of everything has gotten blurrier since 2007/8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob! I saw that mural for the first time this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I don't feel soooo bad now.
    OK, I still do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss having plants on my fire escape! It's not quite the same on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing things for the first time? I do that all the time. Especially with buildings. Weird. I suppose it's often about the light, and if you walk on a different side of the street than you usually do.

    ReplyDelete