hey Kasich, place making is cool

Whats cool Mr. Kasich? Somehow I'm skeptical that someone wakes up one morning and asks themselves, " Why don't I move to Canton and work at Diebold" Thats not a slam on Canton or Diebold by the way. No, you can't dictate or legislate cool. you know whats cool is a place you can go and just being there is half the experience. Getting in and out of a drive through as quickly as possible doesn't ground you. No, you want a cool place like Take the Cake in the Northside with its community tables. Its an incredible feeling knowing that we're going to see someone we know there every time we go. We don't know who, but we're guaranteed to see someone.
Kristen's bday
Take the Cake
Take the Cake
Third places are cool. A third place isn't your house, condo or apartment. Its not your job, its that other place to go. Maybe people like Kasich scurrying from place to place, the car is their third place. But that doesn't cut it for more and more people moving to cities to find cool places. Kasich pointed out that Cincinnati lost population. What he failed to grasp is downtown gained 30% and OTR gained 10%. All people searching for and finding cool things to do and see without ever getting in a car.
No car.
Now thats cool!
Take the Cake
Take the Cake
Take the Cake
Take the Cake[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
9 comments

9 comments:

  1. "Third place." Interesting. I've never heard that before. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the impression Kasich only thinks BIG business. He doesn't seem to grasp the value of enabling small business. He wants big money from big donors, of course, so maybe that's all he is thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: Marshall "'Third place.' Interesting. I've never heard that before. I like it."

    I like it too... you've coined a phase Mr 5chw4r7z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the only way you legislate cool...legalize pot...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't take credit for Third place, the term has been around for years.
    But I'm glad I've made everyone aware of it.

    Andy: I wonder if Kasich has been smoking some of it? That or he got a bad batch of Charlie Sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post Bob, I've always been big on the Third Place concept and it applies beautifully here.

    If you think Kasich actually cares for much of anything other than the perks of being a pawn or Big Business you're pretty well dead wrong. Like the majority of Reps (and Dems) he has no interest in excercising the will of the poeple. He is merely a pawn of corporate money, and I have to say a complete jackass to boot.

    Also, I'm goning to smack you if you go to TtC again and not let me know. Haven't sen enough of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love third places so much I helped to create one here - www.hive13.org.

    Spot on post, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Jason, I been wanting to check this out forever. need to get there soon.
    Made your link clickable here www.hive13.org

    ReplyDelete