move downtown, all the cool kids are

Was I the only one surprised by the census results?
Cincinnati's population is down 10% over the last decade?
I looked at Ms. 5chw4r7z and said all that tells me is that the most boring 10% bailed for somewhere less exciting. Sure enough, the first story I heard was an interview of a lady from Oakley who moved to West Chester where its "quieter"
HA! I bet, nothing ever happens there to overstimulate the sensibilities.
Except for the odd gas station shooting.

People acuse me of saying everyone should live downtown, but its not for everyone and not everyone should live downtown. And for you hairsplitters out there working the CBD vs. OTR angle, there is a difference but its all walkable so who really cares, we're all fighting the same fight.

But I will say this and stand by it, The number of sophisticated, demanding, super-wired consumers snapping up ‘daring’ goods, services, experiences, campaigns and conversations are packed more densely in the core than anywhere else. The culture and identity of Cincinnati starts in the core and flows outward.
Sorry, but you guys sitting on your couch in the xburbs aren't setting the world on fire.

I personally know two dozen people who have moved down here over the last year, wonder how many have made the jump that I don't know about? I had the opportunity to see one of the newer (rehabbed) places in OTR last week. Diamond Dave Living in Gin, maybe he won't appreciate being associated with my rant so the opinions expressed are purely my own.
I love all the exposed brick, the next place I move is going to be like this.

OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
OTR apartment
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment