Trio for Mary's birthday

I had high hopes for Trio as we made our way up to celebrate Mary's birthday, the sweetest person we know in Cincinnati. Trio's ambiance is warm and inviting and the service not bad. I had noticed that their online menu had no prices and I soon discovered why, they are expensive. I've had a taste for a good fillet so thats what I ordered, $30. I imagined for that price it was going to melt in my mouth, something like a Ruby's steak which is in the same price range. The presentation was good, but there was little flavor.
Very disappointing.
I can imagine for someone who's idea of going out to eat on a Friday night means McyD's, this would probably be a real treat.
But Jean-Robert has ruined me for anything less than exceptional.
Just so the review isn't totally negative, the deserts were good, if expensive.

Trio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthdayTrio for Mary's birthday
Trio on Urbanspoon[where:7565 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236]cincinnati ohio downtown

1 comment:

  1. Yah...I went there a couple years ago and was unimpressed. Kinda let me down since I had heard that good ol' Uncle Carl (Lindner) frequents Trio.

    ReplyDelete