RUYA: A Turkish Coffee Experience

Coffee. Coffee is the one drink that really transcends cultures and brings people together.
Everyone has their rituals and routines for coffee, whether hitting the same place for one to go or brewing their own. I got to the point where I had to buy my own brewer at the office because I was that finicky about how mine is brewed.
But I think for a lot of people, besides needing coffee to wake up in the morning, they need it socially. In my office people don't gather around a water cooler, its the coffee pot that is the hub. Whether they drink it of not it always ends up drawing everyone there.

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -Turkish proverb

I was just going to mention Ruya in my SSOM post but then I realized this really deserved its own post and I'm really glad I didn't walk past their display Sunday. In addition to coffee they've also created Rüya Turkish Coffee Chocolate Bars in collaboration with maverick Chocolate.
Melissa Aydogan, a first generation Turkish-American born and raised in Cincinnati is working with People's Liberty to open a Turkish pop-up coffeehouse in the People's Liberty Globefront. Globefront is directly across the street from Findlay Market on Elm St. Years ago I had Turkish coffee in a tiny shop in Atlanta, I really don't remember too much about it now as I was rushed and didn't have time to dwell on it. But I'm looking forward to this and having time to savor and enjoy the experience.
The Grand Opening for this Turkish experience will be September 7th 6–9 PM at 1805 Elm Street and will be open Friday - Sunday 8 A.M. – 4 P.M.until November 18th.

Second Sunday on Main
Second Sunday on Main
Second Sunday on Main[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment