OTR 5K and Summer Celebration

Hard to believe the first Summer Celebration the organizers were estatic that a couple hundred people showed up, now just 3 years later Vine St was wall to wall people. The 5k run has alot to do with it I'm sure, but still the amount of people there watching the bands, wandering through the increasing amount of craft vendors plus food and beverage was impressive.

OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration

The way the course ran this year the runners exploded out of 13th and ran half a block on Vine to finish, a couple crazy friends were on me before I could get the camera up.
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration

I'm not standing in a hole, Justin really is that tall, how the hell I missed until the last second I have no idea.
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration

Citykin kids and their lemonaide stand.
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration

Along with the Summer Celebration of Vine St, there was a party going on 12th along with a youth basketball festival on Race. Not only were Cincinnatians expressing their love of OTR, so was the NYTimes.
OTR 5K & Summer Celebration
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
2 comments

2 comments:

  1. Hi there.

    It was good running into you and Erin Marie at the finish line of the Go OTR 5K. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat -- I wanted to be sure I broke the record as the 'fastest' walker for the Race. Oh wait -- that's right -- I ended up near the end of the pack. But you see, I just didn't want to be at 'the' end of the pack. It's a little like the Princess Bride line ... I wasn't last; I was just 'mostly' last.

    Good pics - as always.

    JLM

    ReplyDelete