Fourteenth + Vine

After seeing the incredible Rookwood finishes of the Mottainai and Lackman Lofts, I was disappointed in the Fourteenth + Vine project. The amazing Rookwood foyer did nothing but fan the flames of anticipation to see the condos inside and while the spaces were dramatic, I was let down by the boring kitchens and baths. Of course, keep in mind I'm writing this with all the narcissism that comes from living in the flamboyantly glassed award winning Parker Flats, so please take my criticisms with a grain of salt.

Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine

The condos in OTR all have the money views. The lady walking back inside from the deck who told me, nothing to see out there,
Really? this isn't an incredible view?
Really?
Fourteenth + Vine
Fourteenth + Vine

UPDATE: No sooner do I mention the Mottainai and they win an award.
Mottainai was named “Best Residence under 3,500 square feet” in Cincinnati Magazine’s 7th Annual Interior Design Competition. Award winners were announced Saturday, September 26, 2009 at a breakfast held at the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal.

The Cincinnati Magazine Interior Design Competition honors outstanding and innovative residential and commercial interior design in Cincinnati, Dayton and Northern Kentucky. Winners were selected by a panel of design professionals based in Indianapolis.


[where:fourteenth vine cincinnati, ohio 45202]cincinnati ohio downtown coast streetcar fourteenth vine condo construction otr
10 comments

9 comments:

  1. Heh, there's a wedgie in the second photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a sucker for views like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they would have put in a community garden space on the roof for the residents. Something where they could take a space and grow something of their choice, but also have a little piece of the outdoors even if they don't have their own private rooftop deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Randy. As much as I would love my own roof deck where I live, using the community deck on the Emery is awesome, and a great way to meet other people in the building. Community space rules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll agree with that, I met more people at the pool on the Gramercy's roof than anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks incredible - thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm offended by modern living spaces which could so easily and affordably look awesome, but end up looking like this. Boring, same-y, bland, and downright ugly in some cases (those floor tiles, those bathroom walls - ugh!). Really, these pictures sort of infuriated me, and I don't even live in Cincy anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boring? I kind of like the place. I'm hopefully going to be moving to cincy this summer once I finish up this semester at NKU. I could never afford something like this, but I'm hoping there's something affordable in Over-The-Rhine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've now seen EVERY building in OTR-- and yeah, 14th and Vine was a little boring. Nice use of space, but it was new construction that appeals to less "urban" tastes.

    Mottainai was definitely NOT boring, Jackie, I assure you. :)

    ReplyDelete