bet for a man and he's broke for an instance, teach a man how to bet and he's broke for life

My first experience with horse racing ever and like sushi I thought, why did I wait so long to try this. The thundering horses, the screaming crowd, I can see how people get addicted, it really was exhilarating. But I'm getting ahead of myself, it all started out tailgating in the parking lot, much like a football game, except instead of crazy team themed costumes, we people watched for their over the top fashions. And it began with us when the hats came out.
Thank god Kate brought that hot apple cider and bourbon, it was more than a little cool out there.

Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY

Growing up with friends on farms I had seen more than a few horses in my time, I was still blown away by how tiny these horses were, incredible, no wonder the jockeys have to be so small.
Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY

Like I said, people watching was all part of the fun, this dude, wow, this is wrong on so many levels.
Seersucker after Labor Day? I could even give you to the end of the baseball season but come on. Plus no way did it fit, he must have picked it up at the thrift store on the way to the track.
sneakers and a suit=hipster/cool
gym shoes with a suit=jackass

The lady in white? If her clothes weren't worth more than my condo I'd be surprised, she won the over the top fashion statement of the day.
Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY

Katy Now won us a bunch of money to show.
We lost it all on Gossip Girl to place.
Keeneland Lexington, KY
Keeneland Lexington, KY
[where:4201 Versailles Rd, Lexington, KY 40510]cincinnati ohio downtown coast-usa streetcar Cincinnati Issue 9
3 comments

3 comments:

  1. None of those damn ponies won me any money :) Wish I would have known you were down there too. Only went for the 1st time a few years ago (only been about 5 times total), but having been to Final Fours, Super Bowls etc, A race (especially a big one w/ warm weather)@ Keenland is an absolutely phenomenal sporting event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I am glad my cider and bourbon went over so well. I am also really glad Katy Now won us some money. I think I found a new mantra to yell. "Katy Now!" The story of my life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Keeneland. Glad you liked it. I need to get back down there next spring I guess.

    ReplyDelete