Beer for Bloggers @Mortons

Chimay Beer tasting at Morton's last night with a few of the more charming Cincinnati bloggers, what did I do to deserve this?
Free (excellent) beer and good company in an outstanding location, overlooking Fountain Square.

Chimay @MortonsChimay @Mortons

The Chimay beer pairings were interesting and complimented each other perfectly, Jason did a good job matching them up. Some of my friends would be surprised to find I enjoyed the tuna tartar and smoked salmon, but with beer this good...
Chimay @MortonsChimay @MortonsChimay @MortonsChimay @Mortons

The red label Chimay was perfect for cutting the richness of the super decadent chocolate volcano. I noticed the other table had a chocolate mouse, after an offer to try it, I couldn't resist, it was so rich my eyes were crossing.
Chimay @MortonsChimay @MortonsChimay @Mortons

I've been cutting way back on the beer since the end of summer and now I'm a light weight. I was drinking my beers and half of Ms. 5chw4r7z's, by time wicked-thirty rolled around I was literally staggering home, must have been a sight.
I you want an expert, insightful review of the beers, check out Michelle's critic.
UPDATE: Julie of wine me, dine me and K of Westside Foodie Wannabes have both posted their reviews.
Thank you to Michelle, Lauren and Annemarie for putting this all together for us.[where:411 Vine Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202]cincinnati ohio downtown
comments?

3 comments: