O Pie O, in one of the city's hotter neighborhoods

Chicken pot pie has always been one of those fall/winter comfort foods you look forward to once the heat of the summer has burned off. At least I do. of course when I was younger I ate those $1 Swansen pot pies because I didn't know any better then stopped when I realized they had like 60 grams of fat per serving.
Fast forward to today and my tastes have grown up and local Tom's Pot Pies are the best I've had. Please don't revel any nutrition info you have on them, ignorance is bliss.
Then last week I saw a tweet about chicken pot pie at O Pie O in East Walnut Hills, good gawd I have to try it. O Pie O is one of the newer restaurants in one of the cities hotter neighborhood's, the Woodburn/Madison Rd area of East Walnut Hills. I figured we'd grab a few pies then head to the Growler House across the street but I was pleasantly surprised that O Pie O has a liquor license and a good selection of beers and wines.

O Pie O
O Pie O
O Pie O
The chicken pot pie? That's what we're all here for correct? It was delicious, with a tender flaky crust. One thing I was disappointed in is for me the main part of chicken pot pie is the creamy filling which this didn't have. Maybe they did it because of how it was served? It didn't affect the taste which was good, but it was missing. Along with the main dish you had a choice of sides and since last Thursday was cool I went ahead and got a cup of chili.
O Pie O
O Pie O
We're in a place with pie in the name so I felt like it would be a crime not to get desert, a slice of apple pie and scoop of ice cream hit the spot.
O Pie O
O Pie O
One other thing I should note was also missing, OTR prices. I was studying the bill and the waitress asked if everything was alright. Sure I said, it just came in much less than I was expecting.[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

3 pot pies

3 comments:

  1. You didn't answer the big question: was it as good as Tom's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went there today & got the beef empanada.
    In high school my 2 best buds were English immigrants. The stuff that came out of their moms' kitchens were great. Nora made these beef pies about the size of cakes. I got to gnaw on them a couple times.
    Does anybody sell trifle?
    hm, maybe Churchill's...

    ReplyDelete