The City Flea December

You really couldn't have asked for a better evening for The City Flea. Nestled in Washington Park, watched over by Music Hall it was an incredible night. Did I mention food? Along with the food trucks, hello Wheels Burger at Cafe De Wheels, there was a new food startup, Brown Bear Bakery, supplying small batch hand crafted pastries. I had a bourbon s'more pie, rich and bourbony, I highly recommend checking them out.
This has me thinking, the high tech guys have the Brandery, someone needs to start a food incubator. It seems like Fountain Square filled that role in a small way but people can no longer have tents on the Square. Seems like an incubator, a welcoming place for new cooks to try their craziest ideas would be a welcome addition to the city, maybe Findlay Market is the logical place to put it.

The City Flea
The City Flea
The City Flea
The City Flea
The City Flea
The City Flea
The City Flea
The City Flea
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

5 comments

5 comments:

  1. I believe there is a food incubator starting up. Maybe it's being funded by the Haile Foundation? I can't remember the details now, but it's definitely in the works, and it'll be a boost to the city's culinary scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I was just reading about one in NYC or somewhere around there, so I guess its time has come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, I keep missing this! Someday I'll make it to one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could of been at this event; how can someone have up to date event list in OTR? please email me at barcodeglam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanequa, I'm not sure if there is one single source, follow OTR Matters and OTR Blog on facebook for starters and go from there.

    ReplyDelete