NYC miss me like Earl

More than anything when we visited NYCI wanted to see the Highline, the elevated rail line that after years of political infighting produced a spectacular park on the east west side of Manhattan. When we got there it didn't disappoint, I almost forgot being in a huge city while floating a couple stories above it. The designers did an incredible job with the greenery juxtaposed against the steel and concrete.
And of course the developments that have sprung are super cool too.

New York City
New York City
New York City
New York City
New York City

I was itching to smoke a cigar, it was a very pleasant afternoon but I suppose if I were to fire up a cigar on the Highline in NYC it would have been an affront to nature and surely prove absolutely my lack of any claim to belong to a civilized society. Or any kind of society for that matter
I imagine people being embarrassed for me, but too dignified to abuse me by listing my short comings as a human being.
So I didn't.
New York City
New York City
New York City
New York City
New York City
New York City
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
5 comments

5 comments:

  1. It's illegal to smoke in parks (or on beaches) in NYC. Good thing you didn't light up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOH!! I meant the west side of Manhattan too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i bought some cool art right under that spot where your first picture is from. i also really liked that auditorium style wood seating over the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAMN!! I forgot to include the invader, did you see that?

    ReplyDelete