who drives 306 miles for a coffee?

I don't know how othr people do it, but I can't be the only person that makes a list from what they see on social media. At the end of December Dave Hart instagramed a coffee shop in Columbiana, Ohio. This won't mean anything to anyone here in Cincinnati but I flipped out because Columbiana was the next "big" town away from New Springfield where I grew up. Columbiana had a movie theater so we were there every weekend at least for years. At any rate I knew I was heading back to Youngstown and was determined to drop down and check out Generations Coffee.
Rolling into Youngstown we weren't in any big hurry yet and cut through Mill Creek Park. The Metro Park is one of the few gems Youngstown has left and cuts north to south through the entire city.

Mill Creek Park
Mill Creek Park
Mill Creek Park
Generations Coffee was legit, the coffee was amazing. But it was pretty cool talking to them when I was ordering, all the sudden I was asked, "hey, what is that pin on your jacket?" Oh that's for the Cincinnati Streetcar. Man you should have seen their faces, Ben? I think that was his name got all excited. OH WOW, there was just a guy in here last week from Cincinnati! I know, I said, that's why I'm here LOL. Somewhere along the line of gabbing about Cincinnati and Columbiana and my surprise the theater was still operating he mentioned a small restaurant across the street serving all natural food. That was pretty awesome considering my next question was going to be for a recommendation for somewhere to eat.
And in case you couldn't tell it was 9°f out there.
Columbiana
Columbiana
Columbiana
Columbiana
Columbiana
Columbiana
Columbiana
I was admiring the whole back wall of this place, it was a bread oven that operated up until the 1970's. My brother in law remarked on how the metal work was from Cincinnati. That's crazy! I was looking at it but I see that kind of stuff every single day so it didn't sink in until he said something.
Columbiana
Columbiana
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
1 pourover

1 comment: