the deep end of the Wave Pool

The Wave Pool hosted an exhibit to launch its latest publication, Cincinnati 5: Artists Impacting the Community. The artists each had a small installation and I didn't know much about any of them except for Pam Kravetz. I first met Ms. Kravitz as her alter ego Pinky Shears the lead Bombshell in the Cincinnati yarn bombers. My mind was blown when I first learned about yarn bombing as I had always loved graffiti and multimedia art. I would call what Ms Kravitz does outsider art although I'm not sure that would be a strict definition of the term. Don't get me wrong, I can apreciate fine art but I've always been drawn to art that challenges your preconception of what art is. If you've ever attended one of The Carnegie's Art of Food events they feature Ms. Kravitz's unique artistic vision. All that plus the fact I've heard of The Wave Pool but have never been there drew me to check it all out.

Wave Pool
Wave Pool
Wave Pool
love is in the hair
Wave Pool
Wave Pool
There was an Art Academy student installation upstairs, including one that contained the contents of a student's apartment. Imagine my surprise seeing small art pieces from other artists i know. But I guess really I shouldn't have been too surprised.
Wave Pool
Wave Pool
Wave Pool
Wave Pool
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment