Taft's Ale House

Twice in less than a week I've stumbled into a bar that isn't quite open yet. I saw a sign on Taft's Ale House front door for a private party and figured I'd sneak in for a quick picture and leave before anyone noticed. Lucky me I got caught by head brewer Kevin Moreland. I figured I'd get tossed out on my ear but to my surprise he invite me and my whole party in!
Needless to say we all walked around with our mouths open like hayseeds who just fell off the back of turnip truck. Pictures don't do Taft's Ale House justice you have to go and see it for yourself.
And the beer, I'm always on a quest for the perfect stout and I just found it with Taft's Mooly Wolly coffee milk stout brewed with Coffee Emporium beans. Another surprise was an "Almond Joy" a mix of Taft's Culebra Cut Coconut Brown ale and their Maverick Chocolate Porter. The Maverick is brewed with Maverick chocolate from Findlay Market. Pretty damn cool they are collaborating already with other OTR businesses.
Taft's Ale House opens Opening Day, you can certainly go, but with the parade Taft's will be packed guaranteed, I wouldn't blame you for waiting a day or two to try one of these awesome beers. And awesome news for bike riders, Kevin has been working on a bike corral made out of old brewing equipment , its going to be the most awesome place to lock your bike up in the city.
First some history to see where they came from.

before, taken November 2012

OTR condo tour
Spirit of Christmas tours
Spirit of Christmas tours
Spirit of Christmas tours

after, taken Tuesday night

Taft's Ale House
Taft's Ale House
Taft's Ale House
Taft's Ale House
Taft's Ale House
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
4 beers

5 comments:

  1. Regarding your old/new media comment: love the new direction of the industry that blends the intimate and personal with big news items that impact everybody in the city. Thanks for informing my world. What a fascinating view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy.
      They have gotten better but it still makes me shake my head when the old media has a "first look" or "you only see it here" about something that every blogger in the city has already covered.

      Delete
  2. Indeed a breathtakingly beautiful transformation. Certainly wasn't cheap, but it is indeed another example of the myriad of ways we are saving important old buildings in this fair city. And...good beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing the Tafts Ale House, one of my ancestors came to Cincinnati in 1853. He lived at fourteenth and Bremen (liberty)

    ReplyDelete