Cincinnati has a colder wind chill than the South Pole!

So I'm pacing around the condo like a caged lion. I can see the river smoking and I want to go down and take some pictures.
But its also f#@king -2 out there. I feel like the guy in the Bud Light commercials right. The guy who's afraid to go back into the basement, or hates the song that's playing or has the loud buddy. But he does what he has too anyhow.
Mostly I was thinking about Ronnie over at Queen City Discovery.
Would he let a little discomfort get in the way of an incredible photo op?
I don't think so.
So I bundled up and captured this. It was worth every second.
Man what is it about subzero Artic air that makes you feel ALIVE?
Even realizing that I was kneeling in goose poop didn't cool my good mood.
Last night Steve Horstmeyer called this Artic sea smoke.

frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
frosty Ohio River
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
4 comments

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Bob. What camera are you shooting with these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work. My friend wanted to know if anyone else saw the seagulls. She thought she was seeing things. Going to share your link with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for capturing these moments for the rest of us cold cats. I cannot get over seagulls at -2 degrees. The photo of the Showboat Majestic will be quite a collectors item someday soon.

    ReplyDelete