Watch This

The last movie on the Watch This list and AFI's #1, the official greatest movie ever made, Citizen Kane. Another movie I've never seen and I had high expectations and it didn't disappoint. From writing to acting and cinematography is was mind blowing.
Of course we all know Orson Wells was genius, and when he dropped the bomb, in 1941 mind you, that news runs 24hrs a day he had me hooked. I mean really, all these kids think they're inventing new worlds and chit! No, not really, its just we can actually put all these abstracts in practice with the internet.
I think he also foretold blogging when Kane wrote his manifest for the front page of his new newspaper and one of the editors told him he couldn't write in the 1st person.
Being the last Watch This event the Al & Al show pulled out all the stops, a screening at the Esquire and lunch at Virgil's Cafe.

Watch This: LAST MOVIE
Watch This: LAST MOVIE

really fat ties and super skinny knots. the exact opposite of how i rock them
Watch This: LAST MOVIE

we all knew how it would end, but not how we would get there. Charles Kane struggled through the whole movie, he would not let anyone define him, he defined himself no matter the cost and it cost dearly.
Watch This: LAST MOVIE
Watch This: LAST MOVIE

Thanks you guys, what an incredible idea. My appreciation for and the way I watch movies has changed, I do not sit and watch quiet as passively as I used to.
Same with friends I've made along the way, it was your project, I just held tight to your coattails and was pulled along.
We laughed. A lot. We cried a few times and sat in awe often, because of its imagination and ingenuity, sometimes in horror at the movies atrociousness.
What a year long trip its been.
Watch This: LAST MOVIE

After that a drive to NKY for good eats at Virgil's. Seems like we packed a whole weekend into last Saturday morning.
Watch This: LAST MOVIE
Watch This: LAST MOVIE
Watch This: LAST MOVIE
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
1 comments

1 comment:

  1. Bob! You made me get all teary-eyed at work! You and EM were excellent hosts, I loved watching movies at your place. Glad you were both along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete